People who care about mental and physical health, if they have not yet learned about wheat grass juice, should immediately make up for the backlog and find out about this specificity. Numerous studies have shown that it contains many nutrients that have a beneficial effect on the human body. Before we list its advantages, we will describe its short but very important story.
The name Ann Wigmore is always used in studies on wheat grass. Why? She was the first person who started the production of young wheat juice. Guided by her grandmother's advice, she started to heal herself with natural methods and in this way she managed to win the fight against intestinal cancer (and not only). Ann Wigmore later founded the Hippocratic Health Institute in Boston. This institute deals mainly with the treatment of people without the use of synthetic drugs - they are based on natural methods, including, of course, wheat grass juice.
THE EFFECT OF WHEAT GRASS JUICE ON OUR BODY
The list of advantages of wheat grass is exceptionally long, but we will try to present the most important aspects of this wonderful plant. It is very rich in chlorophyll, which is responsible for capturing light quanta and producing energy through photosynthesis, which is the absolute basis of existence on our planet. Wheat grass juice is in a sense 100% chlorophyll and can be used both externally and internally without any risk of side effects.
What does chlorophyll give to the human body?
First of all, it supports the process of oxygenation of our body, which is a great protection against e.g. cancer or fungal infections, which often develop in environments where there is a lack of oxygen (such environment allows them to better adapt and grow). It also supports the treatment of anaemia and improves our morphology.
If wheat grass is cultivated in an organic, natural way, it is rich in huge amounts of minerals and trace elements and in much more than vegetables. This is especially important in the present times, when we rather acidify the body with our diet, thus rinsing out of all microelements necessary for the proper functioning of our body.
Wheat grass juice takes an active part in the detoxification process. Studies have shown that its effect on body cleansing is much greater than in the case of juices (e.g. from carrots, beetroots or other vegetables considered to be detoxifying). Detoxification with wheat grass juice consists mainly in removing heavy metals and other harmful toxins from the body.
In addition, the curative properties of wheat grass juice also include:
- cleansing of internal organs (mainly liver)
- regulating blood sugar levels (effective protection against diabetes)
- takes an active part in the sealing of wounds
- relieves inflammations
- effectively protects the oral cavity against caries, properly applied improves the condition and health of gums
- can be used as a throat rinse for coughing and upper respiratory tract pain
- Frequent drinking of wheat grass juice improves the overall condition of our body, we have more strength and healthier nerves.
- helps in digestion, acts against constipation
This list, as we mentioned, is not complete. It is also worth mentioning that people who are allergic to gluten can reach for this specificity without fear. It is best to use a stone or spelt.
WHEAT GRASS CULTIVATION AT HOME
In order to cultivate wheat grass, we have to buy some wheat varieties. We recommend e.g. ecological stone, spelt or flat cock. Let's make sure everything is fresh, as these seeds germinate fastest and the best quality grass grows from them.
Let's also prepare:
Organic soil (do not use potting soil! If you have a piece of cultivated land, you can successfully use it), a flat container (4-6 centimetres high with holes for draining excess water), a washer for the container and a sprinkler (it can be an ordinary bottle with a perforated stopper).
The breeding process takes place as follows:
- Soak the seeds for about 12 hours. For this, use lukewarm boiled water and some dishes from which water can be easily poured out.
- Pour out the water after soaking and leave only the seeds. Pour fresh water and urine again for 2 or 3 days. When small petioles appear, this means that the seeds are ready for sowing.
- Pour the soil into a container and make sure it is moist.
- Spread the seeds on this earth and soak them again, abundantly.
- Cover everything with a paper towel, newspaper or towel and soak the layer as well.
- Spray the structure about 2 times a day.
- When the grass reaches a height of about 2 centimetres, remove the cover and place the tray in some well lit place.
- Irrigate grass twice a day. It should reach a height of about 13 centimeters - then cut it into juice.
EXTRUSION, STORAGE, CONSUMPTION
Use a fruit squeezer to squeeze out the juice and do so as soon as the grass is cut, which is then the richest in nutrients. The juice should also be consumed immediately after squeezing - one dose should be from 30 to 60 milliliters per day, but it is recommended to start from smaller amounts to get the body used to a large dose of chlorophyll. It is best to drink juice in the morning, on an empty stomach, when the body absorbs nutrients best.